Reggae And Soca Band
Marley’s Reggae & Soca Band are a professional 5 to 8 piece reggae and soca (calypso) band, playing pure uplifting vibes for all ages. Reggae is based on a rhythmic style characterized by accents on the off-beat, known as skank. Soca is a style of music from Trinidad and Tobago. The best-known soca song is possibly “(Feelin’) Hot Hot Hot”, a 1982 soca song by Arrow.
They perform at indoor & outdoor events – anything from 1 x 30 min set to a full 2 x 45 min or more if required. A DJ can also be provided to compliment the performance. The band comes with their own sound engineer and PA system.
Their proudest performances were this year, supporting ‘Poorsah’, the St Vincent Soca King, during their visit to High Wycombe…Brilliant vibes… a true star.
Performances have included many pubs & private parties/anniversaries, plus:-
* Adidas, Charity run – Hyde Park – 2009 + 2010
* BUPA Womens Challange run- Central London – 2009 + 2010
* Steel Pan Festival – Wycombe Swan Theatre
* Chinnor Biker Dayz Festival
* Virgin London Marathon
* One Love Reggae Festival
* St Vincey independance Dance – Coventry
* Jamaican Independance Dance – Coventry
* Respect Festival