Classic Barbershop Ensemble
The Barbershock Quartet are an extremely fun and flexible close harmony group, offering a vast range of musical styles and themes to choose from. The music ranges from Doo-wop and traditional close harmony songs to modern pop arrangements and Classical favourites.
The group are expert at bespoke arrangements, so you really can have any songs you desire.
For inspiration for your theme, how about one of their special packages:
“Close Shaves” – The classic Barbershock harmony group is available to entertain your guests with background music, suitable for parties and wedding receptions.
“Barbershock” – These guys are ready to surprise you and your guests in flashmob style, in almost any costume. Perfect for larger venues and commercial stores, this theme is great for engaging passing visitors and drawing them in to see your advertising/products.
“Harmony 24” – Available at all hours, the Harmony 24 Barbershock group are available to serenade you as you wish someone happy birthday, or pop the question!
- Book Of Love – The Monotones
- Duke Of Earl – Gene Chandler
- Goodnight Sweetheart – Carter & Hudson
- Hello Mary Lou – Gene Pitney
- In The Still Of The Night (5 singers required) – Boyz II Men
- Under The Boardwalk (5 singers required) – the Drifters
- My Guy – Smokey Robinson (Ladies voices only)
- Mister Sandman – The Chordettes
- Silhouettes – The Nylons
- Aura Lee – George Poulton
- Barbershopping Reaches Everywhere – Bud Arberg
- I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside – John A. Glover-Kind
- My Evaline – Trad.
- My Sweet – Trad.
- My Mammy – Al Jolson
- Love letters in the sand – Pat Boone
- Sleepy Time Gal – Perry Como
- Softly as I leave you – Matt Monroe
- Me and my shadow – Al Jolson
- The Pope – Gustav Stoeckel
- A Roving – Yale Glee Club
- Tags – selection of short Barbershop tags
- Wochenend und Sonnenschein – Comedian Harmonists
- Coney Island Baby – The Mainstreeters
Jazz and Caberet:
- And When The Leaves – Trad.
- Moon River – Henry Mancini
- Nat King Cole Medley – Nat King Cole
- Alphabet Song – Perry Como
- Shoo Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy – Dinah Shore
- My Wife’s On A Diet – Tobias & Bennett
- When I Grow Too Old To Dream – Hammerstein & Romberg
- That’s Amore – Harry Warren
- Dayton Ohio 1903 – Richard Rodney Bennett
- Poisoning Pigeons in the park – Tom Lehrer
- Crepe Suzette – Kenneth Williams
- Java Jive – The Ink Spots
- A Nightingale sang in Berkeley Square – Manning Sherwin
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- The way you look tonight – Jerome Kern
- The Hippopotamus Song – Flanders & Swann
- Blue Skies – Cole Porter
- The Girl from Ipanema – Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Misty – Erroll Garner
Spiritual & Gospel:
- Steal Away – Trad.
- Swing Low Sweet Chariot – Trad.
- Air on a G String – JS Bach
- O Mio Babbino Caro – Puccini
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Any Dream Will Do – Joseph
- Do Re Mi – Sound of Music
- I Dreamed A Dream – Les Miserables
- Maria – West Side Story
- Pure Imagination – Willy Wonka (not got copy yet)
- If I were a rich man – Fiddler on the Roof
- Tea for Two – No, no, Nanette
Pop & Rock:
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice
- Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
- Handbags & Gladrags – Stereophonics
- Hold Me Now – Thompson Twins
- Imagine – Lennon (5 singers required)
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- This Love – Maroon Five
- Twist & Shout – Beatles
- Paperback Writer – Beatles
- Yesterday – Beatles
- When Im Sixty Four – Beatles
- You Raise Me Up – Westlife
- Run – Snow Patrol
- Blue Is The Colour – Beautiful South
- Blowin’ in the wind – Bob Dylan
- God Only Knows – Beach Boys
- God save the queen – GB National Anthem
- Land of Hope and Glory – GB Hymn
- Britannia Glory Mashup – GB Medley
- Star Spangled Banner – USA National Anthem
TV & Film:
- Countdown Clock – Countdown
- That’s What Friends Are For – Jungle Book
- Take You Back – Rocky
- Two Kinds of Love – Rocky
- We Have All The Time In The World – On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- Horace The Horse – Burl Ives
- Ancient Melodies & Folksong:
- Deo Gracias Anglia – Anon.
- Grace – Mercer’s Guild, London
- Il est bel et bon – Passereau
- Pastyme with good companye – Anon.
- Row Row Row Your Boat – Trad.
- Down Over The Hill – Appalachian Mountain Song
- Drink To Me Only – Old English Air
- Landlord Fill The Flowing Bowl – Trad.
- Where The Elm Tree Grows – Trad.
- Quick we have but a second – Charles Stanford
- Happy Birthday – Anon.
- Wedding Bells – George Fornby
- Marry You – Bruno Mars