Ozzy has been playing guitar for 10 years. He originally started playing pop, rock and blues. Two years after he started his lessons, he then began to take lessons from renowned Jazz Guitarist Cameron Pierre (who plays regularly with Courtney Pine and Byron Wallen), and this is where his interest in Jazz began to grow. Ozzy also had a chance to play at the Barbican with players from Jazz at Lincoln Centre from New York, and also twice at the Hackney Empire in Jazz ensembles. During his time doing A level music he started experimenting more with Jazz, taking part in projects led by lecturers from Guildhall School of Music, and that’s when he chose to do a BA in Jazz.
Since starting his studies at Middlesex, Ozzy has performed at venues such as the Chickenshed Theatre, Ronnie Scott’s, and the Vortex Jazz club, the Hackney Empire and The United Bank of Switzerland. He was also on a Project with Serious music (the company that runs the London Jazz Festival) and the London Symphony Orchestra which focuses on fusing jazz and classical music to teach younger children.
Ozzy spent the last year playing in the Urban Big Band, playing funk, jazz and latin music before changing to the Portland Place Big Band having a similar role. He has also been recorded in a variety of situations such as in a duo, trio and quartet. Including all of these groups, of which he has performed with he has also performed with Quintets playing Jazz across London.
296 total views, 1 today
- Summer 2018 July 18, 2018
- It’s Alright Jazz Swing Trio July 18, 2018
- The Jazz Head Collective July 16, 2018
- The Jazz Ballroom Quartet July 13, 2018
- The Fiesta Latin Trio July 10, 2018
- Origami Artiste July 9, 2018
- Antonio – Solo Classical Flamenco Guitarist July 3, 2018
- Solo Contemporary Electro Violinist June 28, 2018
- Adrien and The Alchemists – Edith Piaf Tribute & Cabaret Band June 25, 2018
- Diamond Violin – A James Bond Light Show June 18, 2018