Nic is an experienced mandolinist and multi-instrumentalist who has worked regularly in the UK and Sweden, with an eclectic musical background that includes a keen interest in the American traditions of old time and bluegrass music, as well as traditional folk from France and Sweden. He studied mandolin and tenor guitar for four years on the Newcastle based degree in Folk and Traditional music, with tutors including Chris Newman, Luke Plumb, Simon Mayor and Anna Massie, and performed on a number of occasions in The Sage Gateshead and in folk clubs across the North East region during his time there.
Nic currently performs professionally with melodeon player Nick Wiseman-Ellis, as a trio featuring Ida Meidell-Blylod as Triette, bluegrass duo Clark and Zuppardi, The Georgia Shackleton Trio and with Norwich based big band Addison’s Uncle. He also regularly plays alongside Dan Walsh in the Dan Walsh Trio, as well as in duo performances for charity Live Music Now in and around London. In Sweden he has been a finalist in Bilda’s Årets Unga Folkmusikband (Young Folk Band Of The Year), as well as touring around the south of Sweden with Triette, with whom he has also performed in Slovenia and in collaboration with German based group Iontach. He has been a tutor at Elmfield School’s Folk Week in Stourbridge, adjudicated at the annual St Andrew’s Music Festival, and teaches mandolin to individuals and in group workshops.
- The London Montage Saxophone Quartet March 21, 2018
- Jazz City – All Female Jazz Band March 15, 2018
- Guy – Solo Lead Vocals-Guitarist March 13, 2018
- Claire – Classical Soprano & Contemporary Soloist March 6, 2018
- The Elvis Show Band February 28, 2018
- Antra – Solo Female Jazz Guitarist February 22, 2018
- Josephine – Solo Female Jazz Vocalist February 19, 2018
- Classical Brazilian Musician February 14, 2018
- Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year) 2018 February 10, 2018
- Leon – Flamenco Fusion Guitarist February 6, 2018