Cy Stanley is the perfect soloist for an occasion that needs a little liveliness, or just something gentle nestled away in the background. His skill on acoustic guitar and voice and unique interpretations of popular songs make him extremely versatile and a sure crowd pleaser.
Cy Stanley began his music carer in Auckland, New Zealand, playing five nights a week in several rock, pop, and even bluegrass bands and duos throughout a city that thrives on live music.
While a soloist’s command of the acoustic guitar and voice can easily have the whole room dancing, just as it can sit tucked away in the background. His repertoire of unique interpretations of hits from the 50s to today will add a lot of fun to any occasion and a touch of class.
I want to thank you as well for making the booking so easy and transparent. I’ll certainly use MFL again in the future, and feel free to contact me if you need any client references etc – I’ll happily offer my support.
Sam and Questa Karlsson
Now that my wedding has been and gone, I’d like to thank you for helping me book Cy Stanley. He was absolutely fantastic and a consummate professional.
Not only did he learn a special song that I mentioned in casual conversation (an obscure Maori love song), but he played all night long, which was absolutely awesome.
Apart from leaving my guests truly gobsmacked by his excellent vocals and expert guitar playing, by the end of the night it felt like saying goodbye to a friend; someone who’d gone out of his way to make our night a success.
In a nut shell, he turned perhaps your average wedding (with a cheesy dj, cake and champagne) into the best night of my life – leaving my new wife and I with many special memories, which will always stay with us. (Many of my friends and family were equally moved by his music.)
- American Pie – Don McLean
- Angie – Rolling Stones
- Blackbird – The Beatles
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Can’t buy me love – The Beatles
- Country roads – John Denver
- Crocodile Rock – Elton John
- Dancing Queen – Abba
- Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
- Drive – Cars
- Easy – Lionel Ritchie
- Englishman in New York – Sting
- Everybody wants to rule the world – Tears for Fears
- Freefallin’ – Tom Petty
- Get back – The Beatles
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- I heard it through the grapevine – The Commodores
- In the summertime – Mungo Jerry
- I shot the sheriff – Bob Marley
- Knockin’ on heavens door – Bob Dylan
- Let’s stay together – Al Green
- Maggie May – Rod Stuart
- Message in a bottle – The Police
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Ooh baby I love your way – Peter Frampton
- Stuck in the middle – Steelers Wheel
- Suspicious Minds – Elvis
- Sweet home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Take it easy – The Eagles
- The Joker – Steve Miller
- Weather with you – Crowed House
- Wild Horses – Rolling Stones
- With or Without you – U2
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Yellow – Coldplay
- You can call me Al – Paul Simon