The Musicians from the Spanish Guitar Duo met while working on the Gipsy Kings’ award-winning musical “Zorro” in London’s West End.
They were both hand-picked and mentored by the Gypsy Kings as on stage guitarists and actors.
Whilst working on the show they began to jam together and create a musical understanding, which before long had naturally/unintentionally developed into a solid repertoire of music that was well-polished due the hours of downtime between shows that they spent jamming in addition to the hours upon hours that they spent performing together on stage.
They have continued to play together ever since, expanding their repertoire to cover more styles and genres.
As a duo and as solo Artists the Spanish Guitar Duo have performed with the following artists, shows and companies:
The Gipsy Kings, Plácido Domingo, Rafael Amargo, Carlos Acosta, The Royal Ballet, Russell Watson, Antonio Banderas, Welsh National Opera, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Juanito Makandé, etc.
At the following venues:
The Royal Albert Hall (London), The Royal Opera House (London), John F. Kennedy Centre (Washington D.C.), The Purcell Room (London), The Ambassador’s Theatre (Chicago), The Grand Theatre (Shanghai), The Garrick Theatre, Teatro Sistina (Rome), DeLaMar Theatre (Amsterdam), Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club (London), The World Forum (The Hague), etc.
At the following major events:
The Royal Variety Show, Edinburgh Festival, International Guitar Foundation, Ullapool Guitar Festival, The One Show hosted by Chris Evans , BBC Radio 2 Saturday Night Is Music Night, Wimbledon Tennis Tournament, BBC radio 4, Sister Act The Musical, Canal Sur Andalucia, etc.
The Duo are ideal for parties, functions, weddings, events, receptions and more.
- Duo Repertoire
- Concierto de Aranjuez (Joaquín Rodrigo)
- Cavatina (flamenco arrangement)
- Moorea (Gipsy Kings)
- Various Tarantellas
- Various Bulerías/Alegrías/Tangos & Fandangos (flamenco dance forms)
- Bamboleo/Djobi Djoba (gipsy Kings)
- Brisa Flamenca
- Entre Dos Aguas (De Lucía)
- Isn’t She Lovely (Stevie Wonder)
- Tamacun (Rodrigo y Gabriela)
- Diablo Rijo (Rodrigo y Gabriela)
- Classical Gas (Williams)
- Recuerdos De La Alhambra (Tárrega)
- El Choclo
- How Deep Is Your Love (Bee Gees)
- Mercy Mercy Mercy (Joe Zawinal)
- Chicken (Pastorius)
- Canon in D (Pachelbel)
- Córdoba/Leyenda/Sevilla (Albeniz)
- The Entertainer (Joplin)
- The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba (G.F.Handel)
- Signe (Clapton)
- Layla (Clapton)
- Get Lucky
- Tico Tico
- Garota De Ipanema/Wave/Corvocado/One Note Samba (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Tubular Bells (Oldfield)
- Brazilia (Morel)
- Andalusa (Gangi)
- In One Day
- Theme from The Godfather
- La Vie En Rose
- Chi Mai
- Spain (Corea)
- Pegalia’s Song from Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
- Funiculi Funicula
- Lisboa Antigua
- O Mio Bambino Caro
…..and many more
We can also specially arrange any song for two Spanish guitars.