Kiran Thakrar, an Indian composer, producer and keyboard player and now British Jury member of the Eurovision song contest based in London, has been working, living and breathing music for over 35 years. He has got his own recording studio named Globalrootz.
His music has been heard on major channels worldwide like BBC, Sky, ITV and many others, for which he produced a specially commissioned ‘production music’ album by Universal Production Music (formerly BMG Zomba). Programs include Randy Jackson presents America’s Best Dance Crew, Eastenders, ‘The Real Shilpa Shetty’, ‘Desi DNA’, ‘India Schools’, ‘Tonight with Trevor McDonald’ and many more.
He just composed and produced a moving original background score integrating Indian classical music with western classical music for the film Diana which is being shown internationally in film festivals, name some New York and Milan film festivals, and also has won prestigious international awards like Irish Jury Awards and Seattle Lesbian and Gay Festival.
In 2008 he collaborated and co-composed Indian songs with American RnB superstar Ginuwine and fused Indian music with Rnb. This track- named ‘Baby’ was No.2 on the BBC Indie chart and no.7 on the RnB chart in the first week of release and was nominated as a ‘Best Urban Act’ in UK ASIAN AWARDS 2009
He has performed in more than 4000 concerts worldwide. He has worked with some of the most respected names in the industry, like the Late Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Zakir Hussein, Sivamani, Ginuwine, James Asher, Bill Bailey, Kavita Krishnamurthi, Hariharan, Richa Sharma, Hans Raj Hans, Sadhna Sargam Bollywood music directors Nadeem Shravan, Ravindra Jain, and many more.
Currently, Kiran is busy producing forthcoming projects.
A strong interest in musical technology led Kiran to explore the worlds of computers, programming and found this a great opportunity to pioneer fusions of Eastern and Western musical styles; this encouraged Kiran to explore further the creative fusing of modern technological processes and the blending of broad global elements to evolve truly new musical genres. Kiran much enjoys the possibilities of creative manipulation offered by hard-disk recording in his studio.
- Her Majesty The Queen of Britain and Prince Charles for The Commonwealth Day
- Salman khan Film Productions (Loveratri Film)
- House of Lords
- Ministry of Tourism, Oman
- Establishment Arts and Culture, Alegrie
- Victoria & Albert Museum
- Laxmi Mital, Hindujas, Arora group, Madhwani group, Sahara Parivaar
- Universal Pictures Hollywood
- Fremantle Media
- BBC (opening of Media Village, White city), Channel 4, BBC2 TV (performance in Nevermind The Buzzcocks), BBC Asian Network
- Lloyds TSB Jewel awards, Asian business awards, Asian music awards, National Television awards
- Louis Vuitton, The National Trust UK, Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, Tesco, Barclay Bank
- London Mela, Tooting Mela, Belgrave Mela, Crawley Mela, Croydon Mela, Belgrave mela, Southampton Mela, International Festival of Sea, Ethno Dance Festival Russia, Riverside Festival Nottingham, Leeds Asian Mela, Edinburgh Festival
- Mayor of London (Dandia at Trafalgar Square and Diwali at Trafalgar Square)
- Chiswick Navratri Garba for many years
Notable great playi, her cooking is nice ng
Peter CulshawGuardian UK