7 Piece Caribbean Party Band
Caribbean Band Masquerade are a group of London based musicians who joint forces with the common aim of promoting Caribbean music.
The band consists of a rock steady backline of Drums, Bass Guitar, Lead Guitar and Keyboards together with steel pans which blend together to give Masquerade its distinctive sound; and a superb vocalist who cite calypso giants such as the Mighty Sparrow, Lord Kitchener and Baron; soul masters such as Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder as his main influences.
There’s no doubt that the past few years have seen an increased interest in Caribbean music. SOCA – the national music of Trinidad and REGGAE – the national music of Jamaica.Masquerade’s line-up of musicians from all over the English speaking Caribbean gives this band’s music a unique interpretation.
Authentic yet original and rhythmic phrasing, the dominant sound of the steel pan, the heavy bass drum and the wicked lines of the bass guitar puts them right at the forefront of Europe’s Caribbean music scene.
- I shot the sheriff – Bob Marley
- What’s going on – Marvin Gaye
- Another Star – Stevie Wonder
- The Ghetto – George Benson
- Palisa – Merengue
- Sabor a Mi – Alvaro Carrillo
- Pan Night and Day – Lord Kitchener
- Sugar Bum Bum – Lord Kitchener
- Waiting in vain – Bob Marley
- Melosian Rhapsody – Baron
- Take Five – Dave Brubeck
- Africa – Rico Rodriguez
- It had better be tonight – Henri Mancini
- Funky Nassau -The Beginning of the End
- Tristeza – Luiz Bonfa
- Nani Wine – Crazy