The Zydeco Ramblers play American folk music from the 1940s and 1950s. With a sound located somewhere between the deep south and South Wales, The Zydeco Ramblers play the rootsiest honky-tonk, zydeco and R&B in London. They like nothing better than to play foot-stompin’ tunes to which you can dance the Texas polka.
The Zydeco Ramblers regularly delight audiences of all ages with various 1950s American hits. With a flexible line-up, they sound great as a duo, trio or quartet; the regular lineup includes musicians who have worked alongside stars such as Van Morrison, Bob Geldof and Rolf Harris. Bandleader Dai Price has provided entertainment for numerous venues and private clients, including The Oxo Tower Brasserie, The King’s Head Theatre, China White, The Barbican, Marco Pierre White’s in Stamford Bridge, Eversheds Law Firm and fashion designer Ted Baker.
- Man Of Constant Sorrow by Soggy Bottom Boys
- Iko Iko by Dr John
- I Got A Woman by Ray Charles
- Blue Moon of Kentucky by Elvis
- Shake Rattle And Roll by Big Joe Turner
- Skinny Love by Bon Iver
- Lonesome For You by Carter Family
- The Water Is Wide by Carter Family
- When The World’s On Fire by Carter Family
- Wildwood Flower by Carter Family
- Worried Man Blues by Carter Family
- You’re Gonna Be Sorry You Let Me Down by Carter Family
- I Would Rather Go Blind by Chicken Shack
- Sugar Bee by Cleveland Crochet
- Ay Tete Fee by Clifton Chenier
- Freight Train by Elizabeth Cotton
- That’s All Right Mama by Elvis
- Honky Tonkin’ by Hank Williams
- Jambalaya by Hank Williams
- Ramblin’ Man by Hank Williams
- Settin’ The Woods On Fire by Hank Williams
- I Asked For Water by Howlin’ Wolf
- Gamblin’ Man by Jimmy Rodgers
- Lonesome Road by Nathaniel Shilkret
- River Man by Nick Drake
- Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles
- I’m Going Down To The River by Ray Charles
- Unchain My Heart by Ray Charles
- What’d I Say Parts 1 & 2 by Ray Charles
- Night Train To Memphis by Roy Acuff
- Up Above My Head by Sister Rosetta Tharpe
- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down by The Band
- Chocolate Jesus by Tom Waits
- I Ain’t Got No Home by Woodie Guthrie
Just wanted to say thanks for playing at our event last week. Brilliant playing – the highlight of the evening. Seriously slick & definitely an act to watch out for.
Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing during our wedding ceremony! Many of my friends and family mentioned to me how beautiful your singing was, so I’m sure you’ll have many more bookings coming your way.
Your singing and playing were absolutely wonderful and created exactly the right mood during our wedding breakfast. I was very impressed by your professionalism – you dressed the part, set up quickly and efficiently, and made sure that the whole day was stress-free. I’d recommend you to anyone who wants live music at their wedding or party.